Monday, December 31, 2012

Makeup

Two Eyes for NYE 2012... 


I was playing in my makeup, trying to decide what eye shadow look to rock for NYE 2012. I'll be rocking this hot pink number from HMS tonight and wanted a sultry look to go along with it:


The dress to me is simple, so I plan to amp it up with shoes and accessories, but the hair and makeup has to be on point!

My sis bought me this really cute, hot pink mask for my birthday:


I plan to wear it with my new dress (it doesn't appear to match in pics, but it does in person), but again, the eyes have to be on point, especially when framed by something as elaborate as this. These are the two looks I came up with:

#1. Smokey pink with a splash of glitter


Items used:

  • Rose Tints duo by Maybelline--light pink color used on lid
  • Meet Matte by the balm (a November glam bag item)--outer v
  • C-159 Blossom (not shown)--crease 
  • Smashbox eye shadow trio--matte pink as highlight
  • NYC liquid liner in black--upper lash line
  • Glitter liner in Electric Pink by LA Colors--lower lash line
  • Falsies #505 I believe... (not shown)
The main attraction in this look: Glitter liner in Electric Pink

More pics of the finished look (Sorry some pics are blurry)




#2. Glitter & Smoke


Items used:


  • Icing glitter eye shadow in hot pink--on lid
  • Meet Matte by the balm (a November glam bag item)--outer v and crease
  • C-179 Golden Retriever by Prestige--above crease 
  • Smashbox eye shadow trio--matte pink as highlight
  • NYC liquid liner in black--upper and lower lash line
  • Falsies #505 I believe... (not shown) 
The main attraction in this look: Icing glitter eye shadow in hot pink--on lid
Now, the only problem with this look is that the Icing glitter is a cream based eye shadow, so the glitter creases something horrible, and with naturally oily lids, it's going to be hard to keep on. I later added some loose glitter from my glitter stack (below), and that seemed to resolve some of the issue.

Glitter stack

More pics of the finished look (Sorry some pics are blurry)





I wasn't sure which look I should go with, so I asked my husband, then my parents, and the vote was unanimous: The Glitter & Smoke look wins!

Stay tuned for the complete look, which I should be posting soon. Until then, have a SAFE & Happy New Year!

XOXO,

DPrincess28

No comments: